I swore do not know there is such type of ice cream in advance. It just another crazy adventure of Guaishushu.
I have prepared a few cheesecakes (Ferrero Rocher Oreo cheesecakes and durian cheesecakes) and I have ever froze those cheesecakes in the freezer since we can’t finish the cheesecake that few days. What I have discovered is that though frozen, there were not much changes to the texture of the cheesecake if it were defrosted at the room temperature. That make me wanted to try making ice creams using cream cheese.
Today, based on this belief, I toyed with 250 grams of cream cheese to make the ice creams. Only after I have made the ice creams, I searched for the recipes and realized there are quite a number of cream cheese ice creams recipes. However, this ice cream is made using my lazy theory of one number baking ratio (of course there is no baking but all ingredients were in the same ratio). In the event that there is any recipe on the net that is the same as this recipe, it is pure a coincidence.
This is an extremely easy recipe and there is only one sentence to describe how to make the ice cream! If you like cheesy peanut butter flavour, you will not regret making this.
WHAT IS NEEDED
STEPS OF PREPARATION
I really did not have much more to share about this ice cream.
It is rich, tasty and tasty. Drizzle with chocolate sauces and topped with some almonds or brazil nuts will heighten your palate and bring the diner to another level of enjoyment.
Pardon me to say that “ you never try, you will never know”! Do not lose confidence for its simplicity in preparation. A single scoop may not be enough for one… it will lead to another…
Variations are many. With the same logic, I can’t see why strawberry and other fruits cannot be added.. Use your own creativity and create one that suits your family’s taste buds.
Hope you like the post and cheers.
I like to simplify my recipe. When I cooked or when I baked, i usually think of bachelor who are kitchen phobia and who do not like to cook. With this in mind, I always modify my recipe to the extent that it is simplest possible.
This is a modified traditional recipe for cheese cake. Instead of using cream, ice-cream was used. No gelatine were used to keep the cheese cake in shape, Therefore this chilled cake is suitable for those that are out of time and wanted an equally delicious presentable cheesecake.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
- 350 g of any sweet or plain biscuits
- You can use biscuits of any type and I have used 3 types of biscuits (inclusive of oreo biscuits) and some Ferrero Roche chocolates. It is advisable to have some sweetened biscuits as it will make the base tastier and there is no need to add additional sugar. Search you kitchen for some biscuits that have been with you for a while and use these instead of throwing it away..smile.
- 2 blocks of 250 g cream cheese at room temperature
- 150 grams of sweetened beverage creamer or condensed milk
- 100 g of Oreo ice cream – melted at room temperature (can change to any flavour that you like)
- 100 g of chocolate ice cream – melted at room temperature
- A 8” diameter spring-form tin – This is a special non stick baking tin with a spring on the side. It is not a must but if you have the tin, it will make your life much easier especially when you detach the cheesecake from the tin. Otherwise, try to use a baking tin whereby you can detach the bottom as in the third picture. If you wanted to cut your cheese cake into small finger sizes, you can use a detachable square tin, which is easier to cut and maximize your “recovery rates”.
STEPS OF PREPARATION
Getting Ready the biscuit crust
- Melt the butter either directly over small heat or using a microwave oven and heat for 1 minutes. Set aside for later use.
- Grease a round 20cm (8 inch) spring-form tin with melted butter and line the base and side with baking paper.
- IF YOU ARE USING A NON STICK SPRING-FORM BAKING TIN as in this illustration, there is no need to grease and line with baking paper. This illustration have by pass this step. Otherwise, you have to do the greasing and lining This step is important to ensure that when you open your “fragile” cheese cake, it would not break the size or base.
- Finely crushed all the biscuits and chocolates using a food processor until very fine. If you do not have or do not wish to use a food processor, place them in a sealed plastic bag and crush them with something heavy like a rolling spin.
- In the above illustration, the second picture is the plain crushed plain biscuits and the third picture is after additions of crushed Oreo biscuits and Ferrero Rocher chocolates.
- Transfer to the bowl , add melted butter, stir until the biscuit crumbs are moist.
- Press firmly over the base and up the side of the tin to create an even shell.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes or until firm.
- This biscuit crust is a rich and aromatic crust after the addition of Oreo biscuits and most important of all, Ferrero Rocher chocolates and it blends well with the cheesy fillings.
Making the fillings..
- Beat the softened cream cheese in a bowl for about 3 minutes, or until smooth.
- Add in the condensed milk and continued to beat for another 1 minutes or until smooth.
- Separate the beaten cream cheese into two portions. Leave one portion in the mixing bowl.
- Add the melted Oreo ice cream to the portion in the mixing bowl, beat for another one minute or until smooth. Set aside for later use.
- Place the other portion of beaten cream cheese in the bowl.
- Add the melted chocolate ice cream, beat for one minutes or until smooth and the color is consistent. You have to scope up the cream cheese stick to the bottom of the mixing bowl and ensure there were no cream cheese left in mixing bowl.
- Pour both portions into the tin and dust with some crushed Ferrero Rocher and Oreo biscuit.
- Chilled overnight decorate with fruits or extra cream.
- Best serve directly from the fridge.
There are many variations to this recipe. Do consider the following variations to suit your own taste buds. This recipe had used chocolate based flavour putting together Ferrero Rocher and Oreo Biscuit. However, you can always use other flavour like strawberry ice cream with strawberry flavoured biscuits, coconut ice cream with plain biscuit based (added shredded coconuts), Mocha ice cream with coffee flavoured biscuits etc. … Or you can just used plain biscuits using vanilla ice creams.
As this is an ice cream based cheesecake, therefore, the texture will be slightly soft but very creamy. If you like a firmer texture like the type that you seen in the pastry shops, you can add some gelatine to the batter.
To add gelatine, put about 3 tablespoons of plain water/lemon juice/orange juice, sprinkle some gelatine powder in an even layer over the surface and leave to go spongy. Bring a large pan filled with water to the boil, then remove from heat. Carefully lower the gelatine bowl into the water (at least halfway up the side of the bowl) then stir until the gelatine has dissolved. When the cream cheese batter is ready, fold in these melted gelatine to the mixture.
- This is a chilled cheesecake and no baking is required.
- The replacement of normal cream in the making of cheesecake with ice creams make the cheese cake more aromatic.
- It is a fusion of normal ice cream cake and traditional cheesecake that provides a cheesy yet creamy taste.
- The recipe is fully flexible and you can easily tailor to the type of flavor that you preferred.
- At the right temperature, it is very easy for you cut into your desired size. It is good to serve as a small house gathering snack.
Hope you like it and make a step towards making the cake. It is nothing difficult to make. Kitchen phobia bachelors, make this cake to surprise your loved ones. Cheers