Blueberries are in season now and supermarket are selling it rather cheap. I bought 3 small boxes for about SGD6.00 and I do believe it is a bargain. For blueberries, I usually used it to prepare blueberries muffins or blueberries pies.
I have been preparing blueberries muffins whenever I bought these cute little berries, however, I have never really issue a post on this common muffin.
I have decided to issue the post with some major modifications to the normal recipe that I used. In order to moisten the muffins, I have used condensed milk and yoghurt. With these two diary products, the muffins are moist and come with a fine texture.
I have used blueberry yoghurt in the bake but that is not necessary. Plain yoghurt will do.
The original muffins is not sweet enough for a sweet tooth like me.. Therefore I have adjusted to include minimum amount of castor sugar in the recipe. That amount of sugar is optional if you believe you don’t have the sweet tooth. In the event if it is not sweet, you can just drizzle your muffins with some honey or condensed milk like what I did.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: Prepare about 6-8 muffins (depends on size of the muffin cups)
- 145 grams of blueberry yoghurt or plain yoghurt
- 150 grams of butter, melted
- 200 grams of self raising flour
- 170 grams of condensed milk
- 30 grams of castor sugar (optional)
- 150 grams of blueberries
- 2 eggs
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius and get ready 6-8 muffin paper cups.
- Put all the wet ingredients (melted butter, condensed milk, yoghurt and eggs) in a bowl, stir until well combined. Sift the flour and add the sugar in another bowl. Make a well in the centre of the bowl. Add the liquid ingredients followed by the blueberries. Stir using a tablespoon until well mixed. A bit of lump is acceptable in muffin preparation.
- Transfer the batter to the muffin cups. Heat in the pre-heated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the muffins come out clean.
Not a very difficult bake at all. Remember if you do not like it sweet you can omit the optional sugar stated.
Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have a nice day.
You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP to see more recipes. Currently there are about 11,500 members sharing various food photos . I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I would be more than happy if you can post in the Group for the recipes that you tried from my blog.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 2600 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD.