HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR 2014.
Today is the second day of Chinese New Year and I am sure all of have had lot of nice food. After lots and lots of auspicious, expensive greasy food, may be it is time to prepare some simple items for breakfast..
This is a coconut muffin. A recipe that I have modified from coconuts delight and my butter cake but it did not disappoint me. I liked it very much and in fact the whole family loved it. I am not boasting as because of the desiccated coconut, the muffins are very moist full of coconut aroma.
This is a very short post and the recipe is an extremely simple recipe that can be easily prepared during this Chinese New Year. It is just mix and bake. If you can’t get hold desiccated coconut since most shops are not open, try using freshly grated coconut. Otherwise, just substitute the desiccated coconut with the same quantity of self raising flour.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
Servings: 18 cupcake size muffins
- 250 grams of desiccated coconuts
- 250 grams of self raising flours
- 250 grams of melted butter
- 250 grams of eggs (about 5 eggs)
- 250 grams of castor sugar
- 200 ml or a small packet or package coconut cream
- Pinches of salt
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degree Celsius.
- Lightly greased 18 muffin cups.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together, stir until well mixed. Add in the desiccated coconuts and self raising flour. Stir until well mixed.
- Transfer the batter to the cup cakes cups and bake in the oven at the preheated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes or when a skewer inserted turns out clean.
A simple recipe for you try out. No complicated ingredients and preparation methods. It will be ideal for the family after the last few weeks of heavy baking for Chinese New Year. Hope you like the post today. Cheers and have a nice day. Sincerely all those who celebrated Chinese New Year a happy Chinese New Year and may you and your family be blessed with prosperity and health.
If you are a Pinterest user and you are interested to have more recipes, you can join or follow this Pinterest Board set up by me where there are more than 1000 recipes worldwide and pinned by various bloggers: FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD. You can also join the Food Bloggers and Foodies United Group Facebook Group to see more recipes.