This is a simple carrot muffin with cream cheese frosting. It is simple and quick to do without the need to use any mechanical beaters or mixers and animal fats. Therefore it a rather healthy breakfast item or tea time item. The simple cream cheese frosting (optional) will help to smoothen the texture and enhance the taste of the muffins.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
The measurement below can make about 8-9 medium size muffins of about 120g each.
For carrot muffins
- 150 g of grated carrots
- 75 g of raisins
- 75 g of chopped walnuts or chopped almonds or any nuts (optional)
- 180 g of white caster sugar
- 125 g of cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 320 g of self raising flours
- 2 teaspoons of mixed spice (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of grounded ginger (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate
- 0.5 teaspoon of baking powder (optional)
For cream cheese frostings
- 125 g of cream cheese
- 50 g of icing sugar
STEPS OF PREPARATION
- Preheat oven to moderate 180 degree Celsius and get ready 9 medium sized muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, place carrots, raisins, almonds and sugar and lightly mixed it.
- In another mixing bowl, place the oil and egg together. Whisk the liquid mixture until mix.
- Place the dry mixtures (carrots, raisins, almonds and sugar) into the whisked liquid mixture and until well mixed.
Add the sifted flour, sodium bicarbonate, baking powder, spices (cinnamon or spice mix (optional)) into the liquid mixture.
Combined lightly with wooden spoon or metal spoon and well mixed.
Scoop out the mixture into the muffin cups about 3/4 full and baked for about 30 minutes or until skewer come out clean.
Cream Cheese Frostings
- Using electric beaters, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and creamy.
- Spread on top of the muffins or pump on top of the muffins if desired.
- Dust with cinnamon or color sugar crystals (optional).
- Served with addition cream cheese frosting, when necessary.
- This pastry can be as healthy as you want it to be. Cooking oil are generally considered as healthier alternative as compared to animal fats such as butter.
- Suggested frosting of cream cheese (which is optional if you are health conscious) will make the muffins even smoother and blend well with the taste.
- It is easy and simple to make as there is no need to use any mechanical equipment.
- Cost of preparing these muffins are relatively lower than other cup cakes since only very basic ingredients will be used.
Hope you like this simple muffin and simple post. Have a nice day and happy reading.